THE brother of Ireland’s so-called ‘unluckiest criminal’ has been shot in a bar in Torremolinos.
Dubliner Michael Joseph O’Driscoll, who was on holiday with his girlfriend on the Costa del Sol, was singled out by a balaclava-wearing gunman who fired one shot and ran out of the bar.
The 28-year-old victim, who has been described as a low-ranking member of a criminal gang, was taken to hospital but his injuries were not life-threatening.
Meanwhile Spanish police are now liaising with police in Ireland to try to establish a motive for the attack.
One theory is that Irish criminals found out O’Driscoll was in Torremolinos and asked associates there to shoot him.
His brother Thomas, a 100-times repeat offender, was nicknamed Ireland’s unluckiest criminal after he was shot and paralysed in an attack at a north Dublin pub in 2006.
He later learned to walk again only to be knocked down by a car and end up back in a wheelchair.
He was jailed in August 2010 for stealing women’s blouses.
- Thousands evacuated as forest fire spreads along Costa del Sol - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 11:01
- Irishman shot in Torremolinos bar - 28 Aug, 2012 @ 10:27
- Experts confirm remains found on Cordoba estate belong to missing youngsters Ruth and Jose Breton - 27 Aug, 2012 @ 17:02
- Naked Chef Jamie Oliver in Marbella - 24 Aug, 2012 @ 18:24
- ‘Sickening’ kitten attacks in Estepona - 22 Aug, 2012 @ 12:55
- Little and large: Petite star Eva Longoria poses with fellow diner in Marbella - 21 Aug, 2012 @ 13:23
- Sheikh to sell Malaga FC - 19 Aug, 2012 @ 13:00
- Mercadona recalls cosmetic products linked to cancer - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 13:57
- David Cameron enjoys a summer holiday in Spain - 15 Aug, 2012 @ 10:28
- Gibraltar’s biggest ever dance festival set to attract some of the best DJs to the Rock - 27 Jul, 2012 @ 11:46