A SCOTTISH schoolgirl has been scouted by AC Milan after taking part in a Spanish kick-around.
10-year-old Aisha Saini played so well in the competition at the resort of La Manga, Murcia, the Italian team have invited her to take part in their European football academy tournament.
The schoolgirl’s father, Michael, 44, said: “We are so proud of her. We just enrolled her in the tournament to keep her busy because we thought she might be bored.
“Aisha was the only girl in the tournament. The scouts said they have never asked a girl to join their academy,” he added.
The young midfielder will now join a handful of selected youngsters from all over the continent when she returns to the pitch in October.
- Maximilian Bartie - 4 Sep, 2012 @ 14:20
- Making a splash around Andalucia - 3 Sep, 2012 @ 14:22
- Andalucia’s open-air cuisine - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 14:04
- Corruption probe over illegal licence for Benalmadena apartment complex - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:50
- Classes for parents aim to combat fatigue in children - 2 Sep, 2012 @ 10:48
- Andalucia dubbed a birdwatcher’s paradise - 1 Sep, 2012 @ 09:20
- Meeting the Spanish ‘Robin Hood’ - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 14:00
- Spain turns volume down - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 10:54
- A new look for Spaniard Penelope Cruz - 31 Aug, 2012 @ 09:00
- Worker dies in Benalmadena rubbish accident - 30 Aug, 2012 @ 13:16