FAMILIES after a fantastic day of entertainment are invited to a charity beach party.
Positively Pink, a Mijas-based breast cancer charity, is hosting an impressive line-up of local talent at La Cala beach on September 22.
The event is to raise money for a free breast screening programme for both men and women on the Costa del Sol, as well as to fund support and education about the disease.
Breast cancer is the most common form of cancer in women, affecting around one in nine, while cases of breast cancer in men are on the increase.
“This is an exciting day and we have made sure there is something for the whole family,” charity president Lorraine Palmer told the Olive Press.
“It is an opportunity for us all to come together as a community and support a worthwhile cause. We are overwhelmed with the support we have received.”
Tickets from €5, 10am-7pm.
Contact [email protected]
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10