Nothing divides opinion and gets the emotions flowing quite like bullfighting.
It is rare to come across somebody who doesn’t have a view on what is undeniably a deeply ingrained aspect of Spanish culture.
But whichever side of the fence you sit on, it is well worth reading the outspoken thoughts of author-cum-matador Alexander Fiske-Harrison.
While his opinion will inevitably be disputed by many, one thing that cannot be denied is that his unique experience of bullfighting – from inside the ring – has allowed him to develop an informed and passionate view on the subject.
- Avocados in Spain at risk of devastation from fungus transmitted by beetles - 20 Dec, 2012 @ 08:26
- Junta introduces bike scheme but fails to reduce 263-strong fleet of company cars - 19 Dec, 2012 @ 08:12
- Descendants of Sephardic Jews gain automatic citizenship in Spain - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 13:00
- Phoenix Campaign meeting under way this morning to help fire victims rebuild their homes - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:15
- Oil painting by Ecco Homo ‘restorer’ fetches €1,080 on eBay - 18 Dec, 2012 @ 11:10
- Females twice as likely as men to opt for herbal medicine - 17 Dec, 2012 @ 11:48
- Man charged after selling fake magnetic therapy machine for €1,200 - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 15:29
- Gambling conference attracts 200 former addicts - 16 Dec, 2012 @ 08:05
- IU boss ‘tremendous disappointed’ after ERE report rejected by Junta - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 12:41
- Anchovy fishing to continue in Spain following quota swap - 15 Dec, 2012 @ 08:10