AN illegal immigrant has been arrested after trying to enter Spain disguised as a car seat.
The 20-year-old man, from Guinea, was hidden inside the frame of a Renault 7’s passenger seat with another man sitting on top of him.
The audacious act, described by police as ‘unique and innovative’, was discovered at the border between Morocco and the Spanish enclave of Melilla.
The man has now been expelled from Melilla, while two Moroccan men accused of helping him, aged 21 and 23, will appear before court accused of people smuggling.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02