IT is, without a doubt, at its best on a warm summer evening, when it sometimes feels like the whole coast is up at the Mijas racecourse.
The only horseracing track on the Costa del Sol, the Hipodromo is the perfect place for a hot date or an evening out with the family.
A buzzing night out, entrance is just €5 (free for kids) and there is plenty of entertainment for the family apart from the horses, including flamenco shows after each race.
The season spans from February until April, on Sundays with races starting at midday, then starts again in July at 9.30pm on Saturday or Friday nights.
But the racetrack is not the only feature of this complex. The wonderful spot also boasts a riding school, sports centre and football school.
There is a hotel alongside the track and a special ‘dog hotel’ where owners can leave their pets.
For more information about the racecourse visit
- VegTrug receives two awards at Iberflora Show - 2 Nov, 2012 @ 10:00
- Surgeon in Asturias speaks out for homeopathy - 1 Nov, 2012 @ 07:55
- Picasso returns to Spain - 31 Oct, 2012 @ 08:30
- Madrid to open office for missing babies - 30 Oct, 2012 @ 17:35
- Spain’s A-377 in need of repair - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 16:09
- Marbella inherits former Roca property - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 11:16
- Chef Dani Garcia celebrates Andalucia factory opening with new recipes - 26 Oct, 2012 @ 09:00
- Jagger’s daughter models for tuna - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 10:30
- Spanish homeowners dealing with fires and floods will have to pay - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 10:11
- Phones can ruin relationships, research shows - 20 Oct, 2012 @ 09:57