A TEENAGE golfing sensation is heading to the Costa del Sol for winter training.
Gabriella Cowley, 16, is to be put through her paces by the recently launched Palmer Williams Golf Academy, in Benahavis.
The teenager from Essex – who boasts an incredible +3.3 handicap – is to be filmed by Sky Sports during her month-long spell on the coast.
Cowley has already secured a long list of victories in her short career and represents England in the under 18s team.
The youngster, who has been coached in the UK by Palmer Williams for the past year, will be the star pupil at the academy’s brand new school based at Los Arqueros golf.
Academy owners Daniel Williams and Steven Palmer, both fully qualified PGA Class AA professionals, are convinced she is to be a huge star.
“She is already amazing, just half a stroke off the world’s best and I don’t doubt she can be a global superstar,” said Williams, who has recently arrived in Spain after working for years as a pro in California.
He and friend and colleague Palmer, both from Essex, have over 30 years of competitive playing and coaching experience behind them.
- Speed cameras fitted at Costa del Sol blackspot - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:58
- Restaurant review: Iglu - 4 Jul, 2013 @ 16:51
- Barcenas appeals jail sentence and denies ‘flight risk’ claim - 3 Jul, 2013 @ 16:09
- Socialist minister embroiled in Andalucia unemployment scandal - 2 Jul, 2013 @ 18:04
- Former PP treasurer is jailed in Madrid - 1 Jul, 2013 @ 12:43
- Mass grave excavated in Ronda - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:56
- Outrage after top bullfighter posts pit-bull attack on Facebook - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:46
- Health cuts could cost lives warn Spanish doctors - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 17:06
- UK government to strip expats of Winter Fuel Allowance - 28 Jun, 2013 @ 12:46
- Picardo calls on Cameron over Gibraltar jet ski shooting - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 16:36