SPAIN continues to lead the world for organ donations, according to the latest figures.
The total number of donors zoomed up by 12% last year keeping the country ahead of Portugal, the US and France.
The country has been among the world’s leading donors for the last 20 years, with around 35 donors per million, twice the European average.
The country has also now signed a special collaboration protocol with France and Italy to share networks and improve its service.
Last year more than 63,000 people were on the waiting list to receive a transplant in Europe with only 48% successful.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02