A DANGEROUS sex offender is being sought by police following the attempted abduction of a 12-year-old girl in Velez-Malaga.
Police in Spain are trying to track down British national, Robert Edward Bill, on suspicion of grabbing the girl and pulling her inside his silver-grey Peugeot 106.
The incident happened near the town’s courthouse at 6.10pm on November 19 but the details have only just been released.
The 58-year-old former teacher has a string of convictions for sexual offences and is considered to be dangerous.
Police say a man was seen standing next to a car with the door open and forcing the girl inside.
The girl managed to escape through the opposite door and told her parents who then called police.
After an initial investigation, police are now searching for the former businessman and senior Jehovah Witness, who is thought to have arrived in Malaga in August.
In 2009, Bill, of St Asaph in North Wales, was found guilty of the attempted abduction of a girl of five, indecently assaulting a seven-year-old girl and of possessing 730 pornographic images of children.
He was told by Judge Philip Hughes at Caernarfon Crown Court: “The nature of your offending demonstrates you have an unhealthy sexual and predatory interest in young children which despite your convictions you continue to deny.”
Judge Hughes imposed a four-year sentence for attempted abduction, one-and-a-half years for indecent assault and six months for possessing the pornographic images
Bill was also told he must stay on the sex offenders register for life.
Please contact [email protected] if you know him – or where he lives.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33