PENELOPE Cruz has been announced as the new face of luxury fashion brand Loewe.
And it seems the Oscar-winning actress did not take much convincing to front the Madrid-based company either.
“They approached me and I said yes very quickly because it’s a Spanish brand, and everyone involved is from Spain.
“Although the designer is British, all the work is done in Spain,” she said.
“It’s such an old company. I have grown up looking at their wonderful things,” added the 38-year-old.
Loewe’s creative director Stuart Vevers said the actress has a ‘strong, sensual beauty’ that has served as an ‘inspiration’.
Cruz is reported to have been keen to work for a Spanish brand again ever since fronting Mango’s campaign in 2009.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50