GIBRALTAR is to make history by holding the first ever leadership election of a major political party on the Rock.
The battle to lead the Gibraltar Social Democrats opposition party will be contested by acting leader Daniel Feetham and Damon Bossino.
The position became available after party leader Peter Caruana announced his decision to step down at the end of January.
GSD Chairman Ernest Britto said: “This is now a fully fledged leadership election contest and it is up to the candidates to fight their campaign. My role will be to administer the process in an impartial manner.”
Bossino, who was elected into parliament in the December 2011 general election, described the contest as ‘a defining moment in our history’.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02