By James Bryce
STUDENTS and teachers have held a protest outside an Axarquia school after a member of staff was assaulted by the father of one of the pupils.
The incident occurred when a student at IES Reyes Catolicos school in Velez Malaga called her father after she was told off for being late.
When he arrived at the school, the man entered the classroom and assaulted the teacher by grabbing his head and pushing him to the ground.
The attack, which took place in front of the girl’s classmates, left the teacher with an eye injury and cuts and bruises.
The 300-strong crowd later gathered to condemn the incident, which education authorities in Malaga described as ‘disgusting’.
No action has yet been taken against the attacker. It follows a similar protest at another Andalucian school by 45 teachers after a member of staff was punched by a pupil. Education bosses at the Junta are investigating the case.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02