THE owners of a unique weaving mill are holding a stock clearance sale in a bid to chase the midwinter blues away.
Paul and Dawn Sutcliffe, of the Lanas del Rio mill, near Gaucin, are offering pure wool blankets, ponchos, scarves, shawls and serapes at amazing prices.
The event at the charming country estate of La Almuna on February 2 is taking place in cooperation with several other traders.
Lanas del Rio now has two traditional shuttle looms spinning and is quickly running out of space.
Says Paul: “We have so much stock we decided to have a bumper sale and get some of it moved on, much of it at a fraction of the usual price. We are busy weaving a whole new range and we really need the space.”
At the event, next Saturday, Almuna owner Diana Paget will be cooking wholesome hot food, while Mick’s Bloody Mary Bar will take care of the liquid side of the lunch.
There will be live music from ‘human jukebox’ Marcus Myers and other offerings include Chris and Vanessa Barber’s vintage fashion and silk kimonos, photography and prints by Jane Jewson and Tone Barker’s gorgeous silk dresses from Denmark.
There will also be superb wines on sale from Roland Wines of Jubrique and wellness products from Celeste Rawlings.
If it is raining, the event, which takes place from 11am to 5pm, will move inside with log fires.
To get to Almuna take the A369 south from Gaucin and take the first left after ‘km6’ sign. Almuna is 500 metres on the right.
- Fake Ferrari gang busted in Spain - 31 Jul, 2013 @ 19:33
- Sunday shopping for cruise passengers in Malaga - 30 Jul, 2013 @ 19:40
- Socialists demand Rajoy resignation over payment scandal - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 22:18
- Spanish border police accused of discrimination by Gibraltar MEP - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 21:25
- Donana under threat from gas extraction - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:30
- Duchess of York’s friend killed in Marbella blaze - 3 Feb, 2013 @ 09:00
- Massage therapy on rise in Spain - 2 Feb, 2013 @ 15:34
- Spanish art fair pays collectors to attend - 30 Jan, 2013 @ 12:38
- Fresh ideas - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 14:00
- Fighting the fat in Spain - 29 Jan, 2013 @ 11:02