ORGANISERS of the annual Cudeca telethon, which raises vital funds for the Benalmadena Hospice, have hailed the one day event a great success.
Hundreds of people called in to place bids and donate money during the one day telethon organised by Talk Radio Europe and Cudeca on Friday, March 8.
Prizes up for grabs included a car, holidays, a chance to be a radio presenter for the day and free advertising space in the Olive Press.
The live bidding show was hosted by the Talk Radio Europe team alongside some special guests and there was also an array of musical talent performing live on air in the studio.
Laura Haggis, spokesperson for Cudeca, said: “The auction opened for live bidding at 10am and by midday the atmosphere in the studio was alive and buzzing with listeners joining in the bidding frenzy which lasted until late that evening.
“Cudeca Hospice would sincerely like to thank all the staff at Talk Radio Europe for their support, to all those generous businesses and individuals who donated items for the auction and to all the volunteers for their continued help and to all those who participated in the auction.”
All the money raised will help the Cudeca Hospice to continue caring for more than 750 people each year with cancer and other advanced and non-curable illnesses within the province of Málaga.
- Junta de Andalucia accused of human rights abuses - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 15:07
- Mammoth wasp nest found in abandoned property - 25 Apr, 2013 @ 14:58
- Shamed Spanish councillor goes topless - 21 Apr, 2013 @ 11:49
- See you later alligator! - 19 Apr, 2013 @ 11:20
- Not on our doorsteps! - 14 Apr, 2013 @ 10:32
- ‘Help us access our homes’, plead pensioners - 13 Apr, 2013 @ 10:57
- Lanzarote child abduction: Man arrested - 12 Apr, 2013 @ 13:41
- Big cats are back - 11 Apr, 2013 @ 17:27
- March sees worst rainfall in 60 years in Andalucia - 31 Mar, 2013 @ 09:01
- Feared and celebrated bull in Spain has died - 30 Mar, 2013 @ 08:50