RESIDENT artists from Gaucin are once again opening the studio doors to share their work with visitors to the ‘pueblo blanco’.
This year the open studio will run over the course of two long weekends from May 24 – 26 and May 31 – June 2.
Now in its ninth year, the event provides a unique opportunity for art lovers to get a glimpse of the wide variety of work produced in this pretty mountain village.
There will be 16 artists showcasing their pieces over the two weekends, and visitors will be invited to view a wide variety of styles and mediums, from glasswork and ceramics to abstract paintings and freestanding sculptures.
Local artist Anna McGrane, who has lived in Gaucin for 12 years, explained that opening up the studios isn’t just about selling pieces of art, but it is also a chance to allow local artists to share their talents with the public.
“There’s a huge range of art from a really interesting group of talented people, many of whom are well known even outside of Gaucin,” she added. “It promises to be a really stimulating and exciting event.”
For more information visit www.artgaucin.com
- EXCLUSIVE: Family found dead in Mijas were killed ‘up to two days apart’ - 27 Jun, 2013 @ 23:13
- Costa del Sol journalist faces new sex charges - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 11:00
- Messi in tax mess - 26 Jun, 2013 @ 09:00
- Millions of moths descend on Madrid - 25 Jun, 2013 @ 09:30
- Newborn baby rescued from drain in Alicante - 24 Jun, 2013 @ 13:59
- ‘Syria jihadist suspects’ arrested in Ceuta - 21 Jun, 2013 @ 10:32
- Spanish economy making ‘strong progress’ - 20 Jun, 2013 @ 13:15
- VIDEO: Man tackles runaway bull on Malaga street - 19 Jun, 2013 @ 11:57
- Austerity measures putting Spaniards’ lives at risk - 18 Jun, 2013 @ 11:46
- Rabies returns to Spain - 17 Jun, 2013 @ 14:02