ALTHOUGH the job of a DJ might initially seem simple, it most definitely is not.
With the goal of revealing the more hidden, and more nuanced, aspects of the profession, the first “Competition of DJs and Producers: City of Sevilla” was born. It will take place from the 21 to the 23 of June in the Monasterio de La Cartuja.
With different sections for four genres – reggae, funk, hip-hop and club – the finalists, selected by a panel of judges, will have the stage to themselves to fight for the titles of best DJ and best producer. Their performances will be graded based on several criteria, including originality, composition, effects, technique, interaction with the public, mixes, final sound and mastery.
Besides the contest, there are a variety of other activities including a “masterclass” and concerts of musicians like Mordida, Los Rumbers, Bandit Camping and Deeco. Although the deadline has passed to sign up to participate in the competition itself, anyone can attend as a member of the audience. Upon entrance, attendants are asked to contribute a kilogram of food.
- Leonardo DiCaprio flying high on vacation in Ibiza - 12 Aug, 2013 @ 09:14
- You CAN get sunburned while driving in the car… with the windows up! - 12 Aug, 2013 @ 09:01
- Delicious treats at half the calories - 11 Aug, 2013 @ 08:11
- Gay bars in Andalucia ban vodka - 10 Aug, 2013 @ 09:00
- Ne-Yo spotted all over Marbella - 9 Aug, 2013 @ 11:46
- Man arrested for filming nude sunbathers with a hidden camera - 8 Aug, 2013 @ 12:33
- Spanish paedophile re-arrested as he entered Spain - 7 Aug, 2013 @ 12:03
- Fishing dispute leads to the most draconian clampdown in recent Gibraltar history - 7 Aug, 2013 @ 11:08
- Eva Longoria hosts charity golf tournament in Marbella - 6 Aug, 2013 @ 15:08
- El Torcal is semi-finalist for top award of sites in Spain - 5 Aug, 2013 @ 15:48