A HEAT wave is heading this way – with temperatures likely to hit 43C.
Scorching winds from the Sahara desert will sweep across the country from tomorrow and are expected to last for a week, with Andalucia being one of the worst affected.
Night time will have no relief with experts predicting 25C.
Those particularly at high risk from the heat are the elderly and the very young.
Spanish health authorities are advising people to take precautions, such as staying out of the midday sun, wearing loose clothing, a hat, using plenty of sunscreen and UV-protective sunglasses.
- VIDEO: Nightmare returns for illegal homeowners in Spain as Junta once again demolishes foreigners homes - 16 Oct, 2013 @ 08:00
- VIDEO: Two British-owned homes have been demolished in Spain and two more will come down this week - 15 Oct, 2013 @ 11:44
- Spanish name for Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez’s baby boy - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 12:13
- VIDEO: Metropolitan Police release new e-fits in connection with Maddie McCann disappearance - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 10:23
- Louis Vuitton collaborates with Spanish illustrator to create new shopping app ads - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 17:50
- Hilarious holiday complaints revealed by travel company - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 14:16
- Have Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova broken up? - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 08:09
- Protesters strip naked to make a point against animal cruelty - 12 Oct, 2013 @ 14:11
- Spanish doctor ordered to pay up for mis-diagnosis of Wolf Man - 11 Oct, 2013 @ 06:00
- Three netball teams join to raise money for Macmillan Cancer - 9 Oct, 2013 @ 11:27