ARTIST David Espana was thrown back to his days as a paparazzo when he spotted Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie outside his art gallery in the heart of Casares.
The Hollywood couple, who are reportedly buying property in Marbella, visited Studio 54 last week much to the delight of the glass painter.
“They had an entourage of five, and they spent some time looking at the paintings before purchasing two. They were really very nice, unassuming, but then a lot of celebrities are.”
Espana, who spent much of the 1980s photographing the rich and famous in New York City, was not so lucky with his shots this time around.
“I tried to get my phone out of my pocket, but one of the security guards slapped my leg hard, making it clear I was not to take any photographs.
“I could have made a fortune selling them, after all!”
The pair spent a while in the cavernous gallery which has been carved out of the hillside in the centre of the town.
“There were a lot of people about, but only I spotted them. Once a paparazzo, always a paparazzo, you never lose your eye for a good picture!”
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40