A DOG had been stuck in a tunnel in Velez-Malaga for three months before it was rescued by local hero Quique.
Fire fighters had been called to the tunnel over the months but as nobody was willing to pay the bill, they walked away.
The cross bred had been trapped in the five kilometre network of tunnels and was near death through malnutrition when local lad, Quique, decided to take matters in hand.
Quique placed food at the tunnel’s opening for two days to lure the dog out. Once the dog came out, he then blocked the tunnel’s entrance.
After a few failed attempts, Quique was able to grab a hold of the canine and pull him to safety.
The canine has been named after his hero rescuer, Quique, and is now receiving medical attention at a local veterinary hospital.
Quique is actively looking for the dog’s owner.
Local vets have said that if the dog had not been rescued when it was, it was likely to have either died from malnutrition, or drowned, as the tunnel was rapidly collecting water.
- VIDEO: Nightmare returns for illegal homeowners in Spain as Junta once again demolishes foreigners homes - 16 Oct, 2013 @ 08:00
- VIDEO: Two British-owned homes have been demolished in Spain and two more will come down this week - 15 Oct, 2013 @ 11:44
- Spanish name for Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez’s baby boy - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 12:13
- VIDEO: Metropolitan Police release new e-fits in connection with Maddie McCann disappearance - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 10:23
- Louis Vuitton collaborates with Spanish illustrator to create new shopping app ads - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 17:50
- Hilarious holiday complaints revealed by travel company - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 14:16
- Have Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova broken up? - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 08:09
- Protesters strip naked to make a point against animal cruelty - 12 Oct, 2013 @ 14:11
- Spanish doctor ordered to pay up for mis-diagnosis of Wolf Man - 11 Oct, 2013 @ 06:00
- Three netball teams join to raise money for Macmillan Cancer - 9 Oct, 2013 @ 11:27