EXPATS have been recognised for their contribution to life in Spain at an awards ceremony on the Costa del Sol.
More than 165 names were put forward by members of the public for 13 gongs at the annual Pride of Marbella awards.
The glitzy awards ceremony, held at Funny Beach, recognised volunteers for their work throughout the community.
Natalie Fantuzzi, who won Volunteer of the Year for her work with animals, said: “I spend about €500 a month just on food, the vet costs come on top.
“I get no help financially which makes me very sad as I do not know how much longer I can keep on doing this.
“The crisis has hit us all, but thanks to events like this it makes it a little easier to go on fighting for what you believe in.”
Jill Leonard claimed the Community Spirit award after setting up a ‘fire watch’ group in response to last years devastating blaze on the Costa del Sol.
“Little did I think that near enough a year to the day, when I set up the group, that I would be tripping the light fantastic.
“I can’t tell you how much I appreciate it, it’s incredible.”
For a full list of the winners visit: www.prideofmarbella.com
For any donations of time or money to Natalie email her at [email protected]
- VIDEO: Nightmare returns for illegal homeowners in Spain as Junta once again demolishes foreigners homes - 16 Oct, 2013 @ 08:00
- VIDEO: Two British-owned homes have been demolished in Spain and two more will come down this week - 15 Oct, 2013 @ 11:44
- Spanish name for Halle Berry and Olivier Martinez’s baby boy - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 12:13
- VIDEO: Metropolitan Police release new e-fits in connection with Maddie McCann disappearance - 14 Oct, 2013 @ 10:23
- Louis Vuitton collaborates with Spanish illustrator to create new shopping app ads - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 17:50
- Hilarious holiday complaints revealed by travel company - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 14:16
- Have Enrique Iglesias and Anna Kournikova broken up? - 13 Oct, 2013 @ 08:09
- Protesters strip naked to make a point against animal cruelty - 12 Oct, 2013 @ 14:11
- Spanish doctor ordered to pay up for mis-diagnosis of Wolf Man - 11 Oct, 2013 @ 06:00
- Three netball teams join to raise money for Macmillan Cancer - 9 Oct, 2013 @ 11:27