THE COSTA DEL SOL is the most budget-friendly holiday destination for travellers this half term, according to a Post Office survey.
The area topped the list of six popular destinations surveyed, with the average cost of a week-long package holiday plus food and drink for two adults and children adding up to around £ 1,108.
The Costa del Sol has both the cheapest package costs, and food and drink prices, although meals were also cheap in the Algarve and Tenerife.
The other resorts included in the study were Marmaris, Turkey; Ayia Napa, Cyprus; and Majorca.
It will be welcome news for visitors to the coast who will be hit by a poor sterling euro exchange rate.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40