COSTA DEL SOL journalist Mike Souter was today sentenced to 22 years in prison after being found guilty of a string of child sex offences.
The 60-year-old, who has worked for BBC Norfolk and Sur in English, was also convicted of making and possessing indecent images of children.
In total, Souter, who has two homes in La Cala de Mijas, was found guilty of 26 charges.
During the trial Souter was dubbed a “sexual deviant”, who was obsessed with young boys in shorts.
Police are now investigating further cases, including some which allegedly took place abroad.
- Skyfall! - 3 Jan, 2014 @ 11:32
- Free-range foie gras - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Careless talk costs car driver - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- Nothing to grouse about! - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 18:30
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30
- OLIVE PRESS APPEAL: Surfing and salvation - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:57
- Fruit flop - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spain is a sex-pot hotspot - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- A tale of pain and passion in the palace - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 15:30
- Watching the birdies! - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30