THE OWNERS of the Puente Romano and Marbella Club hotels have snapped up Ibiza´s oldest hotel.
Iraqi-born British businessman Daniel Shamoon and his partner have bought Playa Real, a 250 room hotel on Talamanca beach, near Ibiza Town.
Shamoon will turn the hotel into an exclusive resort, which is expected to open in 2015.
The hotel was previously rented by the Playa Sol Group, which has a portfolio of more than 50 hotels and apartments across Ibiza.
They´re not the only hoteliers to have eyed up Ibiza, find out more here.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40