A NEW variety of poinsettia which is easier to grow has been developed.
Ecke Europe’s latest offering doesn’t require any manual work in the growth phase, just watering and shade.
The firm is one of the world’s leading breeders of the popular Christmas plant and has a test nursery in Spain , which it uses to test new varieties under very different conditions of climate and light.
The company releases between five and 10 new varieties every year, which are differentiated from the existing types by either their colour or the way they are grown.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40