GEORGE SOROS has bought a stake in FCC, the infrastructure company Bill Gates invested in late last year.
Funds associated with Mr Soros, the hedge fund philanthropist famed for making billions through currency speculation, bought a 3.1% stake in FCC from the company’s biggest shareholder and philanthropist Esther Koplowitz last week, several people familiar with the deal said.
Ms Koplowitz, one of Spain’s wealthiest women, sold a 3.8% stake in the company worth €72 million through the Spanish broker Fidentis last month while retaining just over 50% of its shares, FCC said in a stock market filing.
The company declined to comment on the identity of the buyer.
Yesterday it was revealed the company had sold its renewable energy interests in a bid to cut its multi-million euro debtpile.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40