A SOTOGRANDE woman collected more than 350 shoe-boxes of Christmas gifts for needy children.
Fiona Markham started a Facebook campaign to collect Christmas presents for boys and girls aged three to 11 at the Hogar Betania shelter in La Linea.
She said: “It has been a wonderful campaign supported by people as far away as Granada and the UK and touched the hearts of families on the coast and inland.”
Hogar Betania provides support to more than 600 families affected by drug and alcohol abuse, poverty and homelessness.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40