MALAGA have signed attacking midfielder Nordin Amrabat from Turkish giants Galatasaray to help them break out of their current poor form.
The Dutch-born Moroccan international was unveiled yesterday and said he would do everything he could to help the team.
Amrabat claimed to have had interest from Italy and Qatar but chose Malaga, who are yet to win a league game in 2014, on the advice of his Galatasaray team-mates.
He said: “I’m thrilled to have this opportunity to play with Málaga CF, with quality players in one of the best Leagues in the world.
“I want to help Málaga CF get as far as possible in the League table.
“The team deserves to be in a much higher position, and we’re going to work hard to make sure we get there.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44