THE whole of Andalucia has been battered by high winds and heavy rain over the past 24 hours which has caused widespread damage according to emergency services.
But one driver in Cadiz province had a miraculous escape at 5am this morning as part of the Los Cerrillos bridge spanning the River Guadalete collapsed in front of him.
The road linking Montecorto and Zahara de la Sierra is now impassible.
It is reported that two other roads in the area also remain closed due to landslides and flooding – the CA9104, linking Grazalema and Zahara via the Puerto de las Palomas, and the CA9111 near El Gastor.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33