A SPANISH man with plans to travel 50,000km across 40 countries on foot has just reached Thailand.
Inspired by his love of humanity and nature, Ignacio Dekan Mouliaa, left Madrid last March, and has just arrived in the southern Thai city of Langkawi.
He will stay on the island for three days to complete a 60km walk before hopping on ferry to Kuala Perlis.
From Perlis, he plans to travel down south to Johor before crossing over to Singapore.
“Walking around the world is the culmination of a life-long dream. I target to complete my epic odyssey covering 50,000km within five years.
“I will be penning a book based on my experience throughout this journey to share it with others,” he said.
Ignacio said he had covered several countries including the Mediterranean, France, Italy, Slovenia, Hungary, Serbia, Bulgaria, Turkey, Iran, Bangaladesh, Myanmar and Thailand.
“After exploring Malaysia from Perlis to Johor, I will continue the trek to Singapore before entering Indonesia and Australia.
“It is something the world told me I could not do but deep inside, I knew I could do. I hope that by fulfilling my dream, I will inspire others to pursue theirs,” he said.
Along the journey, Ignacio will continue writing articles, shooting video and tweeting.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40