EMPERADOR, the Philippines’ largest liquor-maker, has increased its investments in Spain by acquiring half of brandy producer Bodega Las Copas for 60 million euros.
The deal with Spanish sherry, wine, and brandy-maker Gonzalez Byass further cements Emperador’s push into Spain.
Emperador is already one of the world’s biggest brandy producers, but most of its output is sold in its home market.
It said last year it was going to spend EUR 100 million on vineyards and brandy stocks in Spain in order to build an international brand.
Emperador is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Alliance Global Group, a Philippine conglomerate with interests in liquor, real estate, resorts and gaming, and fast food restaurants.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40