SOTOGRANDE is to be the venue for a brand new open on the European Tour this year.
The NH Collection Open at La Reserve de Sotogrande Club will take place on April 3 to 6.
The lack of events in Spain, traditionally a popular European Tour destination, has been due to the country’s particularly severe financial crisis.
The new open will be a dual rankling event consisting of European Tour and Challenge Tour members with a prize fund of €600,000.
“We are delighted to announce this new tournament in southern Europe, and hope this is a sign of recovery after a difficult time economically in this region,” said Keith Waters, director of international policy of the European Tour.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40