THE boss of an animal charity has won a fantastic 30-day cruise as part of a Corte Ingles lottery.
Stacey Lloyd, who runs 4 Paws adoption shelter, in Fuengirola, was overjoyed at winning the prize as part of the competition for members of the What’s Hot! El Corte Ingles magazine for foreign customers.
She won the top prize out of 30,000 entries and will take her mother Linda for the holiday on the Royal Caribbean Cruise later this year.
“I haven’t won anything like this before” she told the Olive Press. “The last thing mum won was a Ford Prefect in a raffle in the early 60s!”.
Another cruise winner was out of the country when the draw was made, although many other winners were present for the presentation in the new Taste of Malaga wine cellar in El Corte Ingles Mijas store.
The prizes included a week’s holiday in Turkey with flights courtesy of CLC World Hotels & Resorts, a Samsung 46″ TV, two Lladró lamps, car rental with Prima Rent a Car, a Villeroy & Bosh breakfast set and 10 tasting menus at Dimsun Club.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44