CASES of youngsters being abusive towards their parents in Spain are increasing at an alarming rate, according to public prosecutors working in juvenile courts.
They claim many parents across Spain are losing control of children aged between 14 and 16 because they have never been set proper boundaries.
It appears girls are just as abusive and aggressive as boys.
One 16-year-old girl was returned to a detention centre days after her release because she immediately began insulting and threatening her parents.
Social workers put the increase down to a lack of parental control and agreed the patterns of abuse must be stopped before the situation worsens.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44