LIDL is spending €180m in Spain this year opening new stores, improving existing ones, and building a new warehouse.
The discount supermarket, which is the country’s seventh largest food retailer by market share, plans to open 20 new shops over the next 12 months.
The new stores will bring it’s total in the country to 525,
It will also open its ninth warehouse, in Murcia, this summer.
A spokesperson said: “”We will also invest in another 50 existing stores in order to increase the sales room and add new products in the assortment,”
The firm has already spent €260 million expanding its presence in Spain over the past two years.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40