BARCELONA’S famous footballing superstars are set to be ‘Simpsonised’ after the Catalan club teamed up with the popular American show.
The likes of Lionel Messi, Neymar and Xavi have been turned yellow in preparation for a special world cup episode of The Simpsons.
In the episode, the hapless Homer ends up refereeing a game at the finals in Brazil where his integrity is tested by South American gangsters and a series of tasty bribes.
Like Chelsea before them, Barcelona’s deal with Twentieth Century Fox will see them create Barca-branded merchandise. Frank Lampard, John Terry and Fernando Torres have previously been turned into Simpsons characters.
Teams from around the globe have also struck up deals, including Juventus, FC Porto and Zenit St Petersburg in Russia.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44