DAVE Mahon has been let out of prison on €15,000 bail, after being formally charged with the murder of his stepson Dean Fitzpatrick.
Mahon’s bail was granted by the High Court in his own bond of €10,000 and another €5,000 from his father Michael Mahon, who will act as an independent surety.
His partner Audrey – mother of missing Amy Fitzpatrick – watched on from the public gallery.
Dean, a father of one, died from a stab wound in May last year, sustained during an altercation with Mahon in his Dublin flat.
He had allegedly gone to confront Mahon over the disappearance of his sister Amy on New Year’s Day 2008.
Mahon will not be returning to Spain however as his passport has been surrendered. He must reside at his address in Santry, Dublin, and sign on at his local garda station each day.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44