DIG out your straw hats, and get your festival-style back in gear as a string of huge British and American acts head down to Spain for a host of summer festivals.
Blur’s Damon Albarn, whose solo career is kicking off in a big way in the UK, will headline the S.O.S. 4.8 Murcia festival on May 2-3, along with The Kooks and The Prodigy.
Albarn, who also writes the music for Gorillaz and has an African music label, was voted the fourth greatest frontman in a recent poll for Q Magazine.
Fellow British rockers Franz Ferdinand – creators of the iconic ‘Take Me Out’ – will take centre stage with American rock group MGMT at festival Bilbao BBK Live, from July 10-12.
Fans of sing-a-longs round the campfire will be happy to hear singer-songwriter Jack Johnson will also take to the Bilbao stage, to serenade the crowd with his Hawaiian melodies.
The festival season will be brought to a triumphant conclusion by Bastille, Placebo and The Wombats, at Arenal Sound in Castellon, from July 31-August 3.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05