POSITIVELY Pink and Blue, a pair of Mijas-based cancer support charities, are holding a walk to raise much needed funds.
The walk around beautiful La Cala de Mijas will be held on April 19, to raise money for mammograms, ultrasounds and blood tests.
Offering free breast, prostate and testicular cancer screenings to all UK expats on the Costa del Sol, the charities helped more than 560 women and 136 men in 2013.
This year they have set themselves the challenge of offering 1,000 free breast screenings, and 200 free prostate blood tests and testicular cancer screenings, and need all the support they can get.
Remember to wear something pink or blue, or face a forfeit, and bring €5 per person for the entry fee.
Walkers should meet at 10.30am at El Oceano Hotel in La Cala, where walking maps will be distributed. Contact Pat on 610 774 408 for more information.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44