A LUXURY SUV has been recovered in the port of Motril after being stolen from its owner in Italy back in 2009.
The Guardia Civil has arrested its driver, a Moroccan man, for handling a stolen vehicle and forged documentation.
The BMW X6 was stopped as part of the routine inspection of vehicles entering Motril off the ferry from the Spanish enclave of Melilla.
Agents became suspicious of the driver’s documentation and discovered the car was that which had been stolen four years ago.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44