DAVID Cameron will be taking his brood to Lanzarote to enjoy an Easter break in the sun.
Playa Blanca will play host to the UK’s Prime Minister, his wife Samantha and their three children – Nancy, Arthur and Florence.
From the southern tip of the island, the Camerons will be able to enjoy views across the Atlantic to the Isla de Lobos and Fuerteventura, in the predicted balmy 22 degree heat.
The news came shortly after he told BBC Radio Norfolk listeners that he would be having a quiet Easter break, with no mention of the holiday plans.
“I am going to be spending a bit of time with my mother-in-law,” he said. “I think I am spending Easter with Samantha’s family.”
After a ‘difficult week’, Cameron will be able to kick back on the beach or take advantage of the island’s excellent surfboarding, cycling and hiking.
It has been suggested that the family will be staying in an up-market hotel in a rural setting, a few miles from the coast.
The family enjoyed several sunny getaways last year, including a trip to Ibiza in May, and to Portugal’s Algarve in July.
Around 1.6 million tourists visit Lanzarote each year, with a majority – of more than 800,000 – being British.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05