HE once famously painted it purple and had his logo affixed to some walls.
Now the Costa del Sol home of singer Prince has gone up for sale for a cool €5.6 million.
The 11-bedroom villa, near El Paraiso golf course, in Estepona, was purchased by the singer in the early 90s, on the spur of the moment after he held a concert in Marbella stadium.
He bought the home with his Puerto Rican wife Mayte (who he wrote about in his song The Most Beautiful Girl in the World), and was spotted a few times in Marbella’s night spots.
But his Costa del Sol dream turned sour when his son with Mayte died shortly after his birth, and Prince vowed never to set foot in the mansion again.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44