MORE than seven years since construction began, Estepona’s Las Mesas sports centre has announced it will finally be opening to the public this May.
Work on the centre halted for five years because the company in charge went bankrupt. But after an investment of €3.6 million from the town hall, the project recommenced.
The sports centre, situated near Parque de los Ninos, will be home to ten tennis courts, an artificial grass pitch and a large gym.
Registration is already open and costs €40 for an individual or €70 for a family.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44