INJURED Atletico Madrid striker Diego Costa has turned to horse placenta in a desperate attempt to be fit for Saturday night’s Champions league final.
The Spanish forward limped out of last weekend’s league-winning draw with Barcelona, having suffered a torn hamstring.
However, boss Diego Simeone has refused to rule out the possibility of his star man making an appearance against Real Madrid in Lisbon for this weekend’s final.
Costa has this week flown to Belgrade in Serbia to visit ‘medical miracle worker’ Marijana Kovacevic.
It is not just the Champions League final at stake for the 25-year-old, who could also miss the World Cup in Brazil.
Kovacevic has previously worked with the Ghanaian national team, and Dutch captain Robin van Persie during his time at Arsenal.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44