A FILM festival in Casares will celebrate the best of new Andalucian cinema.
Featuring screenings, exhibitions and a closing gala night, the Festival de Nuevo Cine Andaluz will run from June 2-7.
Barcelona-born film director Mariano Barroso will also be teaching a course on film direction.
A jury of industry professionals – led by Barroso – will choose the film best films submitted by the region’s budding filmmakers for public viewing.
A number of prizes will be awarded including ‘Best Andalucian feature’ and ‘Best short film’.
The collaboration between Casares Town Hall and local tourism operative EcoTourCasares aims to support Andalucia’s thriving film industry.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05