LIVERPOOL star striker Luis Suarez could be packing his bags for Spain, with his lawyer admitting it would be ‘very difficult to say no’ to a big money offer from Real Madrid.
The comments have sparked speculation that this summer might be the one when Uruguayan Suarez – who has been linked with the Spanish giants for some years – might finally make the move.
The 27-year-old’s representative added that he has ‘always had a predisposition for Spain’.
“A year ago he was very likely to leave Liverpool,” Alejandro Balbi told Cadena SER.
“Now I think it is very difficult because he is an idol, although clubs can offer a lot of money.”
Suarez signed a new long-term contract with the Anfield club in December, committing himself to the Reds after a summer spent trying to engineer a move to Premier League rivals Arsenal.
Suarez, who won PFA Player of the Year, Football Writer’s Player of the Year and the Golden Boot, will come face to face with England in the World Cup, when they meet Uruguay in the group stage.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44