A MAN suspected for the murder of Barbate resident Francisco Javier García Varo is standing trial in Cadiz.
Testimonies from witnesses of the incident have testified that the suspect – known by the initials M.C.Q. – initiated the fight that led to the death of García Varo, who apparently owed money.
According to testimony, M.C.Q. punched the victim relentlessly before pulling out a knife, stabbing García Varo repeatedly.
A resident of Barbate reports overhearing a phone call from the suspect to a third party asking them, if he ends up in jail, to send tobacco because he is planning to kill.
Other testifiers include relatives of the victim and members of the Guardia Civil, who found the murder weapon deliberately hidden underneath some furniture in the attic of the suspect’s home.
- Nutella prices to soar as world hazelnut crop suffers adverse weather - 16 Aug, 2014 @ 15:00
- Venezuelan woman arrested in Madrid for smuggling cocaine in fake breasts - 15 Aug, 2014 @ 13:31
- Marbella’s Starlite festival welcomes back Julio Iglesias for the third year in a row - 14 Aug, 2014 @ 15:02
- PICTURE SPECIAL: Andalucia’s top five natural swimming pools - 12 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s Felipe VI and Prime Minister Rajoy discuss escalating Ebola concerns - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 15:41
- Socialist culture secretary hits out at new taxes - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 12:00
- Leading economist to head investing talk at Benalmadena cycle event - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s crippling unemployment may be on the up - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain urged to issue 50-year bond to help fill coffers - 10 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s top SEO companies - 10 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00