POLICE in Madrid are on the hunt for a dangerous foreign paedophile who is most likely to be driving a small white car.
The man in his late 30s is believed to have already kidnapped at least two young girls in the last few months, and may be guilty of a third child abduction.
The grey haired man is described as being tanned and well-dressed between 1.80 and 1.85 metres tall.
He is believed to be living in the capital’s Ciudad Lineal area, where police are searching an estimated 78,000 cars.
Dubbed Operation Candy, police have been ordered to stop any man seen close to children, or anyone who seems ‘suspicious.’
The criminal, about whom little is known, snatches girls from public areas and leaves them on the street hours later drugged, beaten, disoriented and scrubbed clean of any DNA traces.
On April 10 he kidnapped a nine-year-old girl who entered a sweet shop with her friends, claiming to be a friend of her mother’s.
“You need to come with me because I talked to your mother and we have to go so you can try on clothes,” he told the girl.
The second kidnapping of a six-year-old girl took place on June 17 on Ruiz Street, where the girl was abducted at the entrance to her parents’ food store.
Both girls were treated at their local hospital but although in good health, neither can recall much of their trauma.
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05