ONE year on, the footage of the train crash remains just as shocking.
This is the moment an Alvia train derailed near Santiago de Compostela in north-western Spain, graphically captured by a trackside security camera.
In the video, the train enters a sharp curve at high speed before coming off the track and smashing into a concrete wall.
In total, 79 people died, while more than 140 were injured.
This was the first fatal accident on a high-speed line in Spain and the most serious rail accident in the last 40 years.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44