LONG-TIME Axarquia resident, Lillian Allen, has celebrated her 90th birthday with her family and friends in Torrox Pueblo.
Lilian moved to Spain almost 20 years ago after receiving treatment for breast cancer in the UK. She has regular checkups at Carlos Haya hospital in Malaga and Hospital Comarcal in Velez-Malaga.
Lilian believes the Spanish diet is a major factor in her longevity enjoying a diet rich in fish, white meat, and olive oil.
She also believes the sun-drenched days play an important part too, saying: “[how] blessed we are with the weather here in Spain.”
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00