SPAIN was Europe’s most-searched-for travel destination online this month, despite not having the cheapest deals.
The holiday hotspot recorded 50% more searches than Italy for three-star hotels; 60% more searches than Italy for four-star hotels and 20% more searches than Turkey for five-star hotels, according to online travel company kayak.es.
Cyprus has the cheapest hotel deals in Europe, with an average price of €48 per night for a three-star hotel, followed by Malta with €51 per night, and by Portugal with €57 per night.
The average price of a three-star room in Spain is €70 per night.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05